This write-up is a piece of vital information for people in Australia. Are you battling with myopia, hyperopia, and astigmatism? Have you been advised to undergo Lasik eye surgery in Australia, and do you want to know the cost? You’ve landed in the right place. Although, the cost of Lasik in Australia varies. It varies because eye clinics are not charging the same amount for their services. Some of the charges are based on their competency, while others charge something lower than others to help solve people’s eye problems.
But before I move further, please permit me to discuss what Lasik surgery entails briefly.
What is Lasik surgery?
When a laser is used to reshape, resolve and correct the eye’s cornea whenever the eye is complex, then Lasik surgery has taken place. It is a process of using a Laser to correct any vision problem. Lasik eye surgery is a perfect procedure to fight myopia, hyperopia, and astigmatism. I have seen people saying something good about how this surgery transforms their vision on several occasions. At first, one might be scared of this surgery. One might even think about the possibility of regaining one’s sight permanently.
Sincerely, you are safe if you undergo this surgery.
So, what happens during this surgery? During Lasik, the thin cornea flap in the upper layer of the cornea is lifted. The Laser will reshape the cornea tissue that is underneath. The reason behind this procedure is to ensure that light focuses better on the retina. So, if the surgery is carried out correctly, the cornea flap will be restored. Today, Lasik surgery is one of the safest and most reliable ways of solving visual problems. Let me chip in that a competent eye surgeon must carry out this surgery. Click here to read about the steps to follow before choosing the best Lasik eye surgeon.
Lasik eye surgery cost in Australia
If you want to undergo this surgery, you must have it in the back of your mind that eye clinics in Australia charge for this surgery per eye. Also, the cost of Lasik depends on the type of laser eye surgery you want to do. There are four types of Laser eye surgery. And their prices vary. Thus, we have Lasik, PRK, SMILE, and ICL. In Australia today, the potential cost range per eye for Lasik is between $2000 and $3400. That said, it means the minimum cost of Lasik surgery per eye is $2000. No eye clinic in Australia will charge you below $2000. Is that expensive? It might sound somehow to your ears. But I want to assure you that this price is not high. There are other things added that might be hidden from you. What do I mean? If you want to pay for Lasik in Australia, and you’re asked to pay $2300, you’re not paying for the activities or services in the theatre room alone. There are other things added. And if they separate them, you’ll later need to go for those things, and it’ll cost you the same amount of money. It is time to explain why Lasik is somehow expensive in Australia.
Is Lasik expensive in Australia?
The simple answer is NO! Then, why are people paying $2000 at minimum for Lasik eye surgery in Australia? You can also read about Eye Health Schemes (aids and appliances) by visiting https://www1.health.gov.au/internet/main/publishing.nsf/Content/optometry_eye_health
- Initial consultation fee: Before any activities about one’s health, one needs to consult the doctor. And usually, you need to pay a consultation fee. This consultation fee is part of what you’re going to pay together with the activities or services in the theatre room. I hope you understand what I am trying to say here. The cost of Lasik in Australia includes a consultation fee. So, if you want to separate the consultation fee from it, you’ll pay less than $2000. But don’t forget that you’ll have to consult your doctor before the surgery and you will pay for it.
- Tests: Test will be carried out severally to know the condition of your eyes. There are no special charges for tests. The money you’re going to pay covers the services in the theatre room and the test carried out on you before and after the surgery. Oh! Do you know you’ll have to do some tests even after the surgery? Of course, you’ll do some tests. The test will show the condition of your eyes. It is the test that’ll show if your eyes have been fully restored.
- Follow-up service fee: Follow-up services are essential. No doctor will do surgery for you without doing some follow-up. They will check on you and ask you some questions to know how you’re feeling after the surgery. They will ask you if you do not see the symptoms you’ve seen before the surgery. So, you don’t need to pay any money for follow-up. The money you’ve paid will also cover all these services. I hope you won’t say Lasik is expensive in Australia again.
- Potential enhancement treatment: If any dispute arises after or during the process, you don’t need to pay additional money. The money you’ve paid will shield everything that has to do with your eyes at that moment. For instance, if a severe hurdle arises a week after the surgery, you need to go back to the eye clinic and lodge complaints. Then, you don’t need to pay any extra money before they attend to you. This has been what is going on that people did not know. So, please remember that you’re not only paying for the services in the theatre room. You also paid for potential enhancement treatment.
- Medications: The cost of medications is included in the real money you’ll be paying. For instance, if you need to use an eye drop after the surgery, you don’t need to pray specifically for the eye drop again. They will give you the eye drop and instruct you on when and how to use it.
On a final note
Dear reader, I hope you’ve seen something powerful to run with here. It would be nice to share the link to this page with people that’ll benefit from it. I explained the cost of Lasik surgery in Australia. Also, I explained other things embedded in the cost that makes it look more expensive. Finally, do you have a question regarding this topic? Please drop your question in the comment box.